The Clean Coalition, in partnership with Municipal Sustainability and Energy Forum, held a webinar on June 20, 2017 about distribution resources planning.
Rapid deployment of local renewables and other distributed energy resources (DER) are transforming the power system. Increasingly, DER — including local renewables, energy storage, and demand response — provides superior value to ratepayers compared to traditional investments in transmission and centralized generation. Furthermore, modernizing the grid with DER delivers additional benefits, including greater system efficiency, increased resilience, and a cost-effective pathway to meet state environmental goals. Yet, few electric utilities are actively planning their grids for the rise of DER. This webinar informed policymakers, utilities, clean energy businesses, and other key stakeholders about distribution resources planning.
- Provided an overview of distribution resources planning
- Described the benefits of distribution resources planning, including how it can streamline interconnection of DER and guide smarter investments into the grid
- Detailed leading distribution resources planning efforts underway in the U.S.
- Discussed pathways to initiate distribution resources planning in your state
- John Bernhardt, Outreach and Communications Director, Clean Coalition
Watch the webinar here.