The Municipal Sustainability & Energy Forum’s free webinar on Community Microgrids will be held at 9am – 10am PT on January 25, 2018.
Greg Thomson, Director of the Community Microgrid Initiative for the Clean Coalition, will present on this modern energy solution that delivers unparalleled environmental, economic, and resilience benefits to communities. Community Microgrids feature increased clean energy, new DER technologies such as energy storage, and electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. With Community Microgrids, our electric grid can achieve the highest operational and economic performance, with ongoing backup power provided to critical service locations.
Examples will include a Community Microgrid initiative in Sonoma County, CA, the rebuild effort for Puerto Rico, and a New York statewide initiative that supports community resilience. These modern energy solutions are designed to achieve local results and also serve as models for communities across the country.
Topics covered include:
- What is a Community Microgrid?
- Common design principles of a Community Microgrid
- Community Microgrids as a model for grid modernization
- Advancements in home and building design
- Financing approaches and options
- Example of economic benefits
- States and policies that support Community Microgrids